Today went by so fast! I’m pretty sure that, at least from the first 2 days worth of work, this is going to be my favorite project so far. Today we did some more trim work and installed bathroom fixtures, doorknobs and door stops. As mundane as all of this sounds, it was a blast to work with my team, switch up jobs, learn how to do some new things and help build someone a house. Plus, the day goes by ridiculously fast when you’re doing construction and there’s no clock in view. Another helpful fact was that today was incredibly beautiful. It was cold and crisp this morning (about 25º again) but warmed up to about 55º with only a few clouds in the sky.
I have never been as excited about a gym in my life as I am about the YMCA in Sheridan. It’s got two pools, a nice weight room, cardio equipment, basketball and racquetball courts, plus free pancake breakfasts on Wednesday mornings. You best believe that we ate pancakes on Wednesday. I think the best part is going to be having the ability to actually weight lift consistently, rather than relying on resistance bands and running all the time. The Y is only 3 blocks from our housing and is open from 5 AM to 9 PM on weekdays, so there are plenty of opportunities to get in some extra exercise and a swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment