This week we've had some bad weather here in Sheridan. Well, not too bad. Just really, really cold. And windy. And cold. The last two mornings we worked outside on the Graham house putting up siding, soffit and blocking while digging the trench in the side yard and doing various other outside tasks. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't 35ยบ with a 15 mph breeze and a little bit of rain. Here's a little bit of hard-fought advice: don't hit your thumb with a hammer when it's already throbbing from the cold. Alright, enough whining. Really, it's still a lot of fun. As you can see from these pictures, we're never too cold for ice cream cake (it was the construction manager's - Eliza - birthday).
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I thought that I would put up a picture of the coffee shop that we spend a lot of time at here in Sheridan, called Java Moon. It's a little independent shop with a knick-knack store attached to it that we head to almost every morning for fast wi-fi and tasty coffee. One thing they do that I haven't seen at any other coffee shop (probably because the bulk of my experience is Starbucks, Peet's and Mishka's) is the way they actually brew the coffee. Instead of doing big batches that sit around until people order, they have a rack set up in which they put a filter with just the right amount of grounds and then pour hot water over it directly into your cup. Anyway, almost everything that I've done on the the internet in the last 3 weeks - which includes some serious blogging, Hulu, New York Times/Gogle Reader reading, Breaking Bad downloading and Facebook updating, among other things - has taken place at the friendly confines of Java Moon. Besides the internet and coffee, it's a pretty good bet that I'll run into one or more of our sponsors in the mornings to chat and get the skinny on what we'll be doing for that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment